Deepika Padukone stars in the newest Louis Vuitton pre-fall campaign by Nicholas Ghesquiere
Since her role as a badass agent in Hollywood’s xXx franchise, Deepika has tasted global success, unceasingly, and we don’t see her stopping here. Few of the many milestones Padukone’s achieved are:
- Appearances in international magazines - American Vogue, British Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar Australia, Vanity Fair, Porter magazine, Ting, Paper - the list runs endless!
- Starring in the ‘73 questions videos’ with American Vogue
- Being a guest on America’s favourite day-time show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- The Cannes Film Festival red carpet wearing Giambattista Valli
- The Met Gala wearing Zac Posen
- And only recently she was awarded the Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum for her unequivocal contribution toward mental health awareness
Just when we thought she was done here, the world woke up to her being announced as the first Bollywood star to feature in the luxury behemoth, Louis Vuitton’s pre-fall 2020 campaign, joining an international league of stars - Jaden Smith, Jennifer Connelly, Emma Roberts, Sophie Turner, Chloë Grace Moretz and Alicia Vikander and many more.
The designer, Nicholas Ghesquiere revealed the first look of the ad campaign on his Instagram with Padukone looking fearless and dressed in a monochrome checkered dress paired with a grey woollen coat with disco collars, a monogram bum-belt and sea-green boots. The campaign was shot to resemble the movie poster of Michelle Gagnon’s sensational horror thriller flick ‘Don’t Turn Around’. Now that’s what we call a perfect jump smash, Deepz!